We recently bought a property in Javea, on Spain’s Costa Blanca. Here you can see a superb range of Javea homes for sale, or read the nine reasons why I think Spain is a great country to buy a second holiday home!
- Spain Contains Many 1,000-Year-Old Mosques. Though Europe has many cathedrals, you can experience ancient mosques in Spain that are about 1,000 years old. The Mezquita in Cordoba is a unique location in Europe and has been a widely sought World Heritage Site since 1984.
- Spain Holds Mind-Blowing Water Parks! LagoMartianez is an oasis of clear ocean water, gorgeous palm trees, and volcanic rock in Tenerife, which elevates water parks to a fine art. You can spend the day there and spend less money doing so than you have paid for your sunscreen.
- Spain Is Packed With Hidden Beaches. Calas, which are Spanish coves are a classic element you can experience in Spain. When you bypass city beaches and instead visit the Balearic Islands, you’ll experience boundless hidden gems located amid lush pine forests and clear blue water.
- Spain Produces The Best Wine Selections, Worldwide! In the La Rioja Region of Spain, some of the best vino is crafted including the Wine Spectator’s Best Wine of 2013. Considering the bulk of these wines are consumed locally, it’s quite desirably affordable.
- Many Spanish Restaurants Offer Free Food When You Order A Drink. The Spanish view serving tasty cuisine along with your drink as a time-honored tradition. In some cities, but especially in smaller cities, it’s quite possible to be served an entire dinner just by ordering drinks.
- Salvador Dali’s House Can Be Visited in Spain. You can actually visit the place the famous artist, Dali once called home during his lifetime. You can view priceless works of art and check out his Cadillac on the patio and view giant eggs on the roof.
- In Spain, You Can Eat Chicken Grilled On An Active Volcano! On the picturesque volcanic Spanish Island of Lanzarote, you can not only spend an the morning hiking the volcano at Timanfaya National Park, but you can follow that up enjoying a lunch cooked over an open volcanic vent!
- You Wouldn’t Believe The Amazingly Decorated Houses. Andalucia is filled with sunny villages adorned with Bougainvillea, which include ornamental vines, bushes, and trees with flower-like spring leaves adjacent to its flowers. Cordoba even holds an annual contest featuring the most floral courtyards, which draws in thousands of spectators each year!
- There Are Limitless Varieties Of Paella in Spain! From rabbit and snails to mussels and prawns, paella comes in dozens of unique local varieties, which are the regional pride in many provinces. Though completely diverse, they are all quite delicious.
- 1 Experience a Laid Back Mediterranean Lifestyle. While many stereotypes such as daily siestas, are more myth than actual fact, the culture of long enjoyed sit-down meals among families, Sunday snoozes, and summers on the coast certainly do have their appeal based in fact to some extent.